Because of You, We Care
The Open My Heart Foundation (OMHF) officially launched on February 6, 2015, on “National Wear Red Day” at the Gateway Village in Capitol Heights, MD.
The mission of the Open My Heart Foundation is to help eliminate heart health disparities among African American Women and Women of Color through education, support and advocacy. This includes monthly support group meetings, heart healthy food and produce, education by experts in the field of heart health and wellness, including fitness, yoga and professional trainers. We also provide community resources and hospital visitation. The Open My Heart Foundation, helps to fill in a gap for much needed medical treatment, equipment and assistance with co-pays.
THE HEALING PROJECT
The Open My Heart Foundation partnered with the University of Maryland Capital Region Medical Center to deliver healing baskets to open heart surgery patients in “The Healing Project” on December 15, 2023.
"Thank you for being the trailblazer in heart health. It has been an honor to be part of the trail."
– Candice Camille, CEO Candice Camille Enterprises – 5th Annual Red Dress Gala Award Honoree
Looking to Serve?
Look no further! Open My Heart Foundation (OMHF) is looking for volunteers to serve for the betterment of others. If you have a heart to serve, we want you to join us to serve in the the following areas:
– Community Liaison – Program Planning & Development
– Fundraising – Registration
– Event Planning – Community Outreach
– Social Media – Marketing
Email us at email@example.com
50,000 African-American Women
Nearly 50,000 African American women are dying annually due to cardiovascular disease.
Only 58% of African American women are aware of the signs and symptoms of a heart attack. Are you in that percentage?
Help support us in the fight to survive.
Signs & Symptoms of a Stroke
- Sudden numbness and weakness on the face, arm and leg, especially on one side of the body.
- Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Trouble seeing, walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Severe headache without a known cause